TRAIL JOURNAL //Harford Springs Reserve

Thursday, April 24, 2014













Going home felt like, well, going home. There will always be a comfort in driving down the familiar streets and feeling the hot California sun beating down on my brown skin that I can't get anywhere else in the world. I spent as much time as I could seeing everyone and getting all caught up. I've been gone from home a long time and I didn't realize how much needed to be said, it's a shame because 5 days simply wasn't enough. Some day I'll get a chance to stop by or return longer, I know it. That's probably why I'm putting off going back home for now.

The entire week I was there was sunny! Having been in Oregon now since December and experienced the majority of Winter/Spring (i.e. what real seasons look like elsewhere), I realized how much I missed the sun. While a friend invited me out for a movie I felt too restless to sit inside a dark theater for 2 hours. So when Daniel, a fellow adventurer and photographer invited me out for a small outdoor excursion, I happily obliged.

The difference in environment from where I am now currently in Oregon was a welcoming sight. I love the lush greenery that Portland and most of Oregon has to offer, but it's nice to go back to the golden, rolling hills and chaparral that California has.

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© fellow adventurer All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger